Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bear River Migratory Refuge

Yesterday Ethan and I, along with Mae, Greta and Juniper, met our dear friends Jim and Ayme who are visiting from AK at the Bear River Migratory Refuge. Jim and Ayme's car broke down in the middle of the 12 mile loop so we were lucky enough to be stranded in an incredibly beautiful spot in the middle of the refuge with great friends for a couple of hours while we waited for AAA. The day came to a perfect end at Happy Sushi. Ethan was excited to see another catepillar come to the table. He also enjoyed licking fish flakes off of his fingers. Jim and Ayme didn't have quite as nice of an evening being stuck at the repair shop. Jim is a bird biologist and Ayme knows her birds too. I wish they could go back with me later this spring. Anyway, it was great to see them.

4 comments:

Leanna said...

kitty kat please. And goodness me, but am I jealous! They were some beautiful photos.

langenheim said...

nice photography! can't wait to go back. I'll post my juni+ethan photos soon.

ayme & jim said...

yes, that was a great day at the refuge. i wouldn't have changed it for the world. i enjoyed being on a backwoods dirt road with great friends...just like the old days!

Julie said...

Birds, friends, and sushi. What a great way to spend an early spring day! Those are some really stunning shots.