Saturday, December 13, 2008

Messiah

I took Ethan to a community concert of Messiah highlights this evening. He really enjoyed it and sat still and watched quietly for most of it. He started waving his hands around with purpose and I realized he was imitating the conductor. I also looked over to see a girl near us pretending to sing dramatically with her mouth wide open. Funny kids. I was suprised to hear the concert dedicated to my friend Dan Pack. I was fortunate enough to have Dan as a stand partner while I played with the Cache Chamber Orchestra. He taught violin and viola and I learned a lot sitting next to him. I also really enjoyed his company. So, I wanted to write in his memory.

1 comment:

Gross Clan said...

That is so neat that Ethan sat and listened to it -- such beautiful music, especially in person.