Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Animal Day

We took Ethan to the American West Heritage Center to see the baby animals. He mostly wanted to look, not touch. But he did hold a turtle and loved holding the bunny. He called the piglet a mouse. On the way home he kept us entertained by making funny faces into his mirror. He even cracked himself up.

This morning he put himself in time out. I thought this was funny since he's only been in time out a couple of times in his life. He was pushing buttons on the TV and I asked him to stop. Next, he was walking into his room saying "time-out."

5 comments:

Jessica B said...

That looked like so much fun with the baby animals!

So Ethan's only been in time out a few times? I must be a bad mom, but some days it seems like Hayden spends most of his day on the bottom step (his time out spot).

ayme & jim said...

I want to go to time out for awhile! Those were great pics. Ethan is one incredible little guy who is so lucky to have great parents! It's fun to see all of the fun that you have together.We're missing you guys!

Melanie.Justin.Ethan.Leif said...

Jessica- of course you're a great mom! Justin would tell you I don't discipline enough. I put Ethan on time out when I ask him to stop doing something and he keeps doing it to test me. But, I usually just remove him from what he's doing first to avoid listening to him bawl on time out.

Leanna said...

Melanie, you have the coolest life! Ethan sounds like the coolest kid, Todd and i love watching your site.

DarkChocolateDaily said...

These are fantastic moments you've captured. It does look like you have quite the idyllic life!